Request for Proposal-Contracted Home Visitor
Deadline for Proposals: December 22, 2016
Partners for Early Learning, a 501 (C)(3) non-profit organization, is seeking an Independent Contractor to serve as a Home Visitor in a new project entitled “Building Resilience Through Family Support”. Contractor must be licensed to do business in the state of Washington and pass a criminal history and background check as defined by the Washington State Department of Early Learning.
- Scope of Work- The work to be performed includes the following:
- Coordinate with staff at Marcus Whitman and Jefferson Elementary Schools in Richland to locate and serve 15 targeted low-income families with children ages Birth-5 years.
- Meet with enrolled families 3x monthly in their homes throughout the calendar year, using provided curriculum to model positive interactions and problem solving skills and to build resilience in their children. Each visit is to be between 60-90 minute in length. As families drop out, new families will be enrolled to a maximum of 15 families.
- Refer families having social service needs (food insecurity, housing, health/mental health issues, etc.) to Communities In Schools Site Coordinator or School Counselor to assist family in meeting these needs through agreed upon referral procedure.
- Complete provided family assessments with enrolled families twice yearly, using prescribed tools.
- Collect data required to meet contract deliverables
- Provide electronic monthly reports of service delivery to Partners for Early Learning (PFEL) board President. Present updates in person at quarterly PFEL Board meetings or to Benton County funder as requested.
- Report suspected child abuse and neglect to appropriate authorities
- PFEL shall pay the Contractor at a rate of $25/hour for his/her services beginning January 9, 2017. Contractor will use his/her own vehicle to make home visits. No travel reimbursement is included in this contract. Contractor will use own phone and computer. No cell phone or computer reimbursement costs are included in this contract. Total reimbursement for this contract will not exceed $38,500 per 12 month period. Contracted period ends December 31, 2018
- The President of PFEL will act as the Project Lead and serve as point of contact for the Contractor
- Application process:
- Please submit a resume and a letter of interest outlining your ability to meet the Scope of Work. Questions and all correspondence should be directed to :
Karen Weakley, President
Partners for Early Learning