Enhance your outreach to families with text messaging!
Introducing Bright by Text
Bright by Text is a program that provides information on child development and local resources to parents and caregivers of children prenatal to age 8.
Available in English and Spanish, Bright by Text sends text messages right to your cell phone. The texts include research-based content from Bright by Three and other trusted sources such as PBS Kids, Vroom, Sesame Street, and ParentingCounts.org.
With the help of partners like you across Eastern Washington, Bright by Text also connects families with valuable community services. These local community messages are targeted to users based on the zip code they provide.
How it Works
Sign up by texting “4FAMILIES” to 274448 or at www.brightbytext.org.
- At sign-up, families provide their child’s age (or expected due date) and zip code
- Users are asked whether they prefer to receive messages in English or Spanish
- Messages are delivered 2 to 4 times per week and are tailored to the child’s age
- Community messages provide information about local events and resources
- Messages have a link to a landing page with more information, often including short videos
- Anyone who cares for children – from grandparents to babysitters to teachers – can sign up!